Thursday, June 5, 2008

I got Carried away.

and I couldn't be happier. I laughed, I gasped (seriously, the whole theater did, too!), I teared up and I loved it.
It was a fantastic escape from a particularly trying afternoon with The Boss which included 90% humidity (or did it just seem that high? All I know is we had some poofy frizzes goin' on atop our heads), a face plant on ceramic tile which led to a bloody nose which led to sneezing a bloody spray on her new clothes (of course) and then burying her bloody nose into the shoulder of my new shirt for some consoling. Today was that day that I had a defining Mother Moment. Oh you haven't had one of those? Well, it will come in due time. In due time my friends. It could be with your child, your pet, or whatever you choose as a little love of yours and it will most likely involve a bodily fluid that shouldn't be where it is.

But forget all that and have a Cosmo and ogle the fashion and the shoes (oh the shoes my post pregnancy feet will never wear!) and wonderful New York City and think about your fabulous girlfriends. That's what I did...except the Cosmo was a Starbucks. Same thing, right?

p.s. I'm willing to see this again (hint, hint)

7 comments:

LisaBe said...

ha! i was about to say "nooooo, we all needed to see it together!" when i saw your p.s. :) how are we gonna get everyone out? if not, we'll have to get the dvd the minute it comes out and have an satc party. maybe in my new living room--it should be ready by then! (i used to host satc parties every week during the actual show and have dinner for me and a slew of girlfriends. those were SO MUCH FUN! cannot wait to be able to entertain again...)

Emmy said...

I'm so jealous, I have yet to see it!! Brian refused, despite by best efforts to whine, bribe & cry my way to the theatre....

Anna said...

I want to go. Dear god, I have to leave my house without my child sometime soon or I will lose my mind.

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

Honey, we can go again whenever you like. Next time we need to have a Cosmo beforehand. As for the bodily fluids, last week I got "Poughkeepsied" all over my hand by the Kid and then she "Poughkeepsied" all in the bathtub. Ahhh, kids...

Unknown said...

dude, I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, but "Poughkeepsied" is my new favorite and the greatest term ever!

Ben and Cori Momma said...

I am so envious! I planned to see this opening weekend, but Corinne had other ideas! Think I can pump in the theatre so I can see it?

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Do you have had to have seen the TV series to get the movie? I didn't watch it, but I'm all for getting out of the house! And I love me a good Cosmo... or Starbucks. I'm not fussy!