Wednesday, May 7, 2014

New venture

Lots of things in life change, but if motherhood has taught me one thing, it's that it is just fine if what works now won't work for the long haul. As my kids are no longer wee babes, I started to think more about me. What fuels me. How I want to spend my working life. What will take me beyond the years in which I have kids in the house. One day, during an email exchange with a wonderful friend, we mused about how we could work with each other since we come from very different backgrounds without a lot of crossover skills. We discovered we both shared the same dream to own a fabric shop and right then my friend said, "we are doing this!" and Spool was born. We just didn't know what it was called or how we would do it, we just knew it was going to happen.

I am happy to report that phase one, the online fabric shop is live! We will be working hard to achieve the next phase which is a brick and mortar storefront. It still feels weird to say that this is part mine, but I really love it.

If you want to follow the creative part of me, let me direct your attention to Spool!

That's where I'll be for hopefully, a long, long time.




No comments: