Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Road trippin'

Last week, it was just me, The Boss, and a road trip. It was our first one, just the two us. There was a lot of singing, there was a lot of car dancing (no, not by me), and there was a lot of getting excited about going through tunnels (both of us). On the way home, there was a lot of signing All Done and whining for DADA (again, no, not me but the temptation was there). It was equally hilarious and annoying as I drove through a snow storm feeling a headache and cold take over my body.

Our road trip took us to Hershey, PA to see my friend Leah and her seven month old son, Adam. We had not met Adam in person yet so I was pretty excited. Like most moms with babes under one (or under 21 for that matter), there was a lot of talk about sleep or the lack thereof. There was no staying up late and talking as we might have done in our childless days, but we still had fun. We even managed to take them to a Very Important Place---Hershey's Chocolate World. Afterall, what kid doesn't love some singing cows in a fake chocolate factory?

As expected, Adam was a cutie and I'm sad he and his parents don't live closer. Thankfully, our friendship stood the test of motherhood.

My gifts for Adam:Older babies are a mess and Adam is a hearty eater and a big guy already. He's also on his way to becoming a messy self feeder. Adam is indeed, a Luv Bug (see the little heart on the door? Ugh, so cute), just like the pattern name.

We all know I'm addicted to knitting bibs. Some of you may remember when I had my baby shower. I received 37 bibs without asking for a single one. Yes, that's right, 37 bibs! I laughed at the absurdity. Friends laughed with me. "Who the hell needs 37 bibs?", we asked. It became a running joke. The truth of the matter is that I actually needed like 370- I just didn't know it yet. Babies are that messy and as long as babies keep coming into my life, I will knit bibs. Enough said.

No comments: