Monday, June 30, 2008

Time Out

You know how you always think you will have time? Well, that's not always the case.

I learned that lesson the really hard way with my father's sudden passing last week. I know this event is really beyond the scope of this blog, but oh well, I can't help the way life unfolds sometimes. In the midst of sadness, I learned some great things about relationships--father/daughter ones, sisterly ones, and most of all, I learned that's it's ok to lean on your friends once in a while. Turns out, that's what you're supposed to do! I have some pretty stellar friends for sure. The cards are still rolling in. The plants and flowers were gorgeous. The donation to Knitters Without Borders was so touching. All of these things really helped me weather a very difficult time.

Having a toddler at my feet helped to keep some moments light when I didn't feel like smiling. Like when we were getting dressed for the funeral, I found her doing this:

Girls will be girls. No matter what. I couldn't be more thankful for that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss. Strength and healing to you.

Amanda said...

Aw, what an adorable photo! Thank goodness for children, and their ability to get us to smile!

Lisa said...

This is a great photo. Isn't it amazing how children can bring out a smile in even the most difficult situations?

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

She is so cute! What a priceless photo. Please let me know when you're ready to get together. Pog and I would love to see you.

Jenny O-C said...

Michelle I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure it's been a strange week for you. Take care!