Sunday, November 9, 2008

Oh Baby!

I'm fresh off the plane from a weekend in Connecticut . The weekend was all about showering my dear friend Penny and her soon-to-be-born babe, affectionately referred to as Frito, with lots of brightly colored baby gear. In an instant her house took on that distinct 'a baby shower exploded in the house' look and it was fantastic.

Finally, I got to gift this smooshy, buttery soft little number.
There were quite a few people that asked for an adult version. I don't blame them, this thing is soft! The pattern is Presto Changeo knit in Blue Sky Alpacas organic cotton.

And a baby gift from me just wouldn't be complete without a bib!
Trying to figure out the buttons? 'Cause you know I love me some buttons and I won't even admit how long I stood there trying to decide on which ones to go with. Here's a better look.
One of my favorite little details of the shower were the favor wrappers (which disguised Reese Cups since the mama has an affinity for chocolate and peanut butter), designed by Polka Dot Bumblebee. They matched the baby bedding perfectly!

After all the baby shower fun was over, we settled down into a familiar routine of sitting around chatting with each other. We were fortunate to have our friend Leah staying with us as well and we gave Penny the lowdown on what they never tell you in those baby books. Oh how our conversations have changed over the years!

I was sad to leave, but I really missed my not-so-baby though as we crunched the leaves beneath our feet during a walk on a picture perfect New England day. I have to say, the hardest part of being away from my close friends is when they have babies. I just can't be there to take care of them the way I want to..the way you just can't over the phone. I realized I probably won't get to see Frito as a sweet smelling infant, but rather one that is crawling away with applesauce dried behind the ears. So I self-medicated by purchasing every food magazine that beckoned me with promises of The Most Fantastic Thanksgiving Recipes Ever.

Seriously, no other time do I think it's appropriate to spend twenty bucks on magazines! What the heck is that odd magnetic force in the airport? Regardless of what it is, it got me Home Sweet Home.

4 comments:

jen said...

Glad you had a fun weekend! The knits are gorgeous!

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

I would have another kiddo just to get one of those sweaters (just kidding). Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

the sweater is stunning.... you are so talented.
I think you are completely justified in buying the magazines. :)

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

You are so amazing. LOVE the sweater. WOW. Welcome home!