Saturday, October 4, 2008

Juggling act

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has emailed me regarding my re-entry to the Outside of the House Workforce. It felt good to know that I was missed and thought of while I underwent this transformation of sorts. I have to say, while it has been a huge adjustment to our previous lifestyle, it has been going far better and easier than I ever expected. This is in part due to the fact that the stars just happen to align when you most need them to.

Awesome husband who took over daycare drop off and pick up. Check.
Awesome, super family friendly new boss. Check.
Awesome, adaptable and happy toddler boss. Check.
Extremely interesting and personally fulfilling work. Check.
Brain is in fine working order. Check.
Long, but bearable commute (knitting time...suhweet!). Check.

Seriously, I couldn't have made up this scenario any better. Two weeks in, I'm even more excited about my job and am confident I chose the right one. Plus, the added necessary structure to our household happens to be a very good thing. Sure, I've had to adjust my expectations about how much "me time" there is during the work week, but I think I'm getting there. I don't say that in a bitter way at all, it's just a matter of me figuring out the right balance for this soon to be well oiled machine of a household!

I know what you're thinking. The Spice Rack went all Pollyanna on you. No worries. It's not all rainbows because with all this awesomeness going around, so were the germs.
Kid new to daycare. Check.
Me back on public transportation. Check.
Fun officemates all sick. Check.
Me not getting enough sleep (see above expectation of "me time"). Check.

What's that spell? A cold. It was inevitable. Fortunately, it's the weekend and I can rest and make soup. It's soup weather anyway and it's just what this mama needs. It's simmering now. Photos and recipe later today.

Hope you have some time to take a walk and crunch some leaves under your feet. They are turning color and falling around these parts. My favorite time of year for sure.

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

Glad to hear things are so well, and I hope you are feeling better soon!